Get mortgage happy. 020 8517 1141

04 Jun 2024

Two flats, one title, help!

The Client
Harry lived in his father's property with his wife and child. A few years ago, he was gifted a property from his father as a buy to let investment. The property was a freehold building converted into two flats with two tenancies. Harry wanted to remortgage the property to raise a deposit so that he and his wife could purchase their own home.

The Challenge
Harry couldn’t find a lender willing to lend on the property as despite being a freehold building, the lenders he approached didn't like the fact the property had been converted into two flats.

The Solution
As specialists in the buy to let market, we have lots of lenders willing to accept converted buildings with some buildings being split up into 20 units, this is a called a Multi Unit Freehold Block (MUFB) mortgage. Fortunately, we also have buy to let lenders that will offer their traditional buy to let rates on properties split into two units such as Harry's. We recommended, applied and successfully secured Harry a mortgage raising £600,000 for them to move forward with their lives and put down a deposit for their new home together.

Two flats, one title, help!

Privacy notice

HOME OF MORTGAGES will be what is known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location-based information.

Why do you need my data and what will it be used for?

We need to know your basic personal data so we can make contact with you and respond to your message, request or query. All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK.

Who is my data shared with?

Your data will only be shared with third parties if this is necessary to respond to your request. If this is the case, we will seek your permission before passing on your details.

How long do you keep my data for?

We may store your data for up to six years past the end of any business relationship, after which time it will be securely destroyed. If you would no longer like us to process your data at any time, you have the right to object to processing of your data. To do this, please contact

What are my rights?

You have the right to object to the processing of your data. You also have the right to request access to your data at any time. You have the right to rectification and/or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing. If you wish to raise a concern related to how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated at If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the information commissioner’s office: