Landlords Building and Contents Questionnaire
Select your advisor from the dropdown
1) Value of the property?
2) First time buyer of insurance?
3) Number of years - buildings no claims discount? (If any)
4) Any claims in the last six years?
1) First time buyer of insurance?
2) Number of years – contents no claims discount? (If any)
3) Any claims in the last six years?
4) Estimated value of all belongings?
1) Is buildings extended accidental damage important?
Includes malicious damage by tenants.
2) Is contents extended accidental damage important?
To cover things like spillage on carpets, etc. Includes malicious damage by tenants.
3) Is legal cover important?
Landlords legal expenses covers you for professional fees that may arise if tenant(s) breach the terms of their tenancy agreement by providing cover for your legal expenses and associated fees.
4) Rent guarantee: Rent arrears indemnity cover provides:
Protection to pay the monthly rent on breach of a tenancy agreement.
100% of the rent arrears due to you for up to a set period of time (policy dependent).
Cover is subject to there being a full tenant reference credit check being carried out for the tenant(s) and any guarantor.
5) Home emergency cover: Claiming on this does NOT affect your no claims discount and is a policy that covers emergencies in the policy, for example:
The plumbing or drainage system has either failed or been damaged and escape of water or internal water damage is a likely consequence of that failure or damage.
The electricity supply system has failed or broken down.
The external locks, doors or windows have either failed or been damaged and the failure or damage is such as to render the home insecure.
The primary heating system has failed or broken down completely. A current Gas Safety Certificate is required for this cover to be valid.